AirPods are Apple Inc.’s original exclusive product, meant to work with iPhone and iOS devices. AirPods are also the best Bluetooth earbuds for a variety of devices. If you’re using AirPods with an Android device or tablet and want to keep track of the battery level and charging case like iOS users, you’re in luck.
In this article we discuss how to check the status and the battery level of your Airpods through, Android, Windows and Mac.
Table of Contents
- Airbattery application can be used to check the battery level.
- How to check the Airpod battery level on Mac?
- How to check the Airpods battery on Windows 10 for free?
- How to check Airpods battery health?
- Some related FAQs.
Is it possible to check the battery status of AirPods on Android phones?
While AirPods can be easily connected to Android device and other non-Apple devices, there is no built-in mechanism to check the battery level.
Apple smartphones make it easier to use AirPods since the connecting method is simpler, and Apple devices display the battery state of both the AirPods and the case.
Manual pairing is required to connect AirPods to non-Apple devices, and checking the battery state is only possible with the use of a third-party app.
Airbattery application can be used to check the battery level.
On Android devices, AirBattery displays the battery life of your AirPods. After you’ve set up the app, opening your AirPods charging case will bring up a popup window on your phone that shows you how much battery life is left (just like an iPhone would).
There’s also a lock screen notification that shows battery life, but you’ll need to upgrade to the app’s Pro mode to use it. With the upgrade, it’s also easier to navigate as a TalkBack user. However, your experience may vary depending on your device.
The following is how it works:
- Go to the Google Play Store and look for “AirBattery” .
- On your Android device, install the app.
- Open the charging case lid of your connected AirPods once they’ve been inserted. On your device, a popup will appear, displaying the battery levels of each AirPod and the battery case.
How to check the Airpod battery level on Mac?
To check out the battery life of their AirPods on a Mac, simply look up to the menu bar. After you’ve linked your AirPods, go to the menu bar and select “Bluetooth.”
Hover your AirPods over this area. You can check the battery percentage of your AirPods and the AirPods case from the menu.
How to check the Airpods battery on Windows 10 for free?
MagicPods may eventually allow customers to operate with various models in addition to checking AirPods battery on Windows.
- Install and run the MagicPods app after connecting AirPods to Windows 10.
- To get the app up and running and learn about its features, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to the Battery Information tab now.
- There’s a battery level for AirPods and a charging case battery level. If the app does not display you the battery level of a charging case, simply open the lid and wait for the information to refresh.
- On windows, check the battery of your AirPods.
It’s worth noting that you don’t have to launch the app every time you want to check the battery capacity of your AirPods on Windows 10. On Windows, the Magic Pods software adds a little icon to the notification area where you can check the battery level of your loving AirPods.
The symbol updates every minute, giving you near-real-time battery tracking for your AirPods. If you do not like it, go to the MagicPods app’s settings and switch the system tray icon from digital to analog in the System tray icon area.
How to check Airpods battery health?
The best thing about AirPods is how quickly they charge. After fifteen minutes of charging, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite songs for three hours. Keep an eye on the battery levels because knowing when to charge them is crucial. There are several methods for determining how much battery life remains in the AirPods.
A little battery indicator can be found on the AirPods cover.
Here’s how to use the casing to determine the battery level.
- Completely open the AirPods case.
- In the case, place the AirPods.
- Between the earbuds is where you’ll see the battery indicator. You still have some juice if the light is green or amber.
- The green light indicates that the batteries have reached their full charge. Amber indicates that your AirPods are nearing the end of their life cycle.
Checking the Batteries on AirPods When They’re Paired.
Checking the battery levels is even easier if your AirPods are already synced with your iPhone. Here’s how you go about it:
- Keep your AirPod case close to your phone.
- Wait a few seconds for the charge status to appear on your screen after opening the case.
- Note: If the charge status does not appear after closing and reopening the case, try closing and reopening it again.
- The battery status will be displayed, along with the battery levels of your AirPods and case.
Some related FAQs.
How can you know if your AirPods case is charged?
The light indicates the charge status of your AirPods if they are in your case and the lid is open. The light indicates the status of your case when your AirPods aren’t in it. Green indicates that the battery is fully charged, while orange indicates that there is less than one full charge left.
When charging AirPods, what color should the case be?
A green light shows that the AirPods or charging case is fully charged, whilst an amber light indicates that there is less than one full charge remaining.
What is the significance of the red light on the AirPods case?
If your AirPod case displays a red or amber light while the AirPods are inside, it implies your AirPods are low on power and are being charged by the case. Remove them only when they are fully charged.
How long do AirPods take to charge?
You should try to have your AirPods charged as quickly as possible. The AirPods charging case will take around an hour to fully charge, and it should only take about 20 minutes to charge your AirPods once they’re inside.