This article discusses how to block Sirius deactivation signal, and almost everything related to the SiriusXM broadcasting service.
When you first turned on Sirius/XM, it sent an activation signal down to your receiver, which permanently activated it. When you first deactivate, Sirius/XM will send you a deactivation signal every 5-10 minutes, then every hour after that, and finally once or twice a month.
If your receiver is turned on when it receives the deactivation signal, it will be turned off.
According to what I’ve heard, they’ve tweaked the activation system to prevent people from leaving their receivers on for an extended period of time and receiving lifetime activations. When you turn it on right now, it sends a signal that lasts for several months.
The subscription is then kept active for another few months by sending a routine update (daily/weekly depending on how close to expiry it is). To avoid the deactivation signal, you can turn off your receiver for a long time, but it will still expire.
Table of Contents
- What really is SiriusXM?
- SiriusXM activation signal and Deactivation signal; How do they work?
- Why am I getting Sirius Radio for free?
- SiriusXM app not working on iPhone and Android; how to fix it?
- Some related FAQs.
What really is SiriusXM?
Sirius XM Holdings Inc., based in Manhattan, New York , is an American broadcasting company that operates satellite radio and online radio services in the US. SiriusXM Radio was formed in 2008 when Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio merged to form SiriusXM Radio.
SiriusXM activation signal and Deactivation signal; How do they work?
This is how their system of activation and deactivation works.
- To activate your XM unit, an encrypted signal is broadcast continuously for about two months, along with several others. When you turn on your XM receiver, it immediately grabs the XM signal and is given permission to receive it until further notice.
- Due to bandwidth limitations, after two months of plastering America with your activation signal, they stop sending it, assuming that you have received it in the time allotted.
- When your subscription expires, a new signal is broadcast across America that says “Quit receiving signal until further notice” for about two months. The deactivation signal is no longer sent out after two months.
- This is where the magic takes place. If you buy a one-month XM trial, then cancel and turn off your unit for a little over two months, allowing the deactivate signal to be sent out but never reaching your unit, it will never know it isn’t receiving. Then you’d get free XM radio for the rest of your life.
Why am I getting Sirius Radio for free?
They regularly organize some act listening sessions to attract new customers to their business. So when they are giving out free signals, you will be able to listen to Sirius radio for free.
But when the promotion period ends, you will lose the free listening ability.
What do they offer for free in their channels?
They cover almost every field to give out the best listening experience for their valuable customers. So the following are some of those.
- The list goes on: rock, pop, hip-hop, dance, country, and so on. Play ad-free music from any genre or decade that suits your mood or occasion. Create your own listening experience by creating stations based on your favorite artists.
- Get the inside scoop on your favorite celebrities, plus fashion and dating advice from experts in the fields of health, finance, and faith. Discover casual and candid conversations about pop culture, current events, and anything else.
- Real-time breaking news, commentary, and analysis from the top cable news sources and business networks. Politics from both the left and right, as well as everything in between.
- With live coverage of NFL®, MLB®, NBA®, and NHL® games, you can cheer on your favorite teams and athletes. From the field or court to the track or rink, get the most up-to-date analysis and news in every sports forum.
- Anecdote, cringe, family history, and improv. Uncut and censored. Every type of comedy, from today’s up-and-comers to the all-time greats. When you need a laugh, turn it on.
SiriusXM app not working on iPhone and Android; how to fix it?
There could be several reasons why the SiriusXM App isn’t working. Perhaps the SiriusXM app server is down, or the app is being updated. Other than that, there are a variety of issues that can cause your service to be interrupted.
The most common issue is that the SiriusXM App does not open. For obvious reasons, this can be a major issue, particularly for those who use it on a regular basis.
Read on if you’re having trouble using the SiriusXM App. A number of fixes are available for Android devices.
The most common solutions for getting SiriusXM App are listed below.
- Please be patient, as the app may be in maintenance mode.
- If the server is down, please wait a while.
- Examine your web connection.
If the above methods do not work, you can try other methods to open the app.
- Update the SiriusXM application.
- Restart the device.
- Check the date and time settings on your device.
- Examine your device’s compatibility.
- Upgrade your gadget.
- Clear the app cache file in the Settings menu.
If none of these suggestions work, you can contact the SiriusXM team.
Some related FAQs.
Where did my SiriusXM channels go?
To activate and refresh your radio, go to siriusxm.com/refresh if you’ve recently subscribed or if you’re missing channels. If you haven’t yet activated your radio, go here. Log in to the Online Account Center to view and pay your bill, as well as manage your subscription to stay up to date on your account.
What channel is Willie’s Roadhouse on SiriusXM?
What happened to SiriusXM’s Lithium?
Combine with Lucy. During the Sirius/XM channel merger on November 12, 2008, the XM channel Lucy was renamed Lithium. Lucy featured adult album alternative bands such as The Cranberries and Crash Test Dummies, which were not featured on the old Lithium.
Is it possible to turn off Sirius in my car?
If your vehicle, like our Palisade, came with a three-month trial period, simply let it expire; no further action is required, and SiriusXM will not automatically renew or charge you.
Without calling Sirius, how do I unsubscribe?
Log in to your SiriusXM account on the website. Go to the “Manage Your Account” section. Find and select the “Change Billing Info” option. Go to “Service Cancellation.” You’ll be able to complete the process of canceling your subscription to the online radio service at this point.